Oxandrolone (Anavar) basic info
You may hear some people calling Anavar a steroid for females, it is true, but it does not mean that it has no use in men. In fact, in certain conditions, it may be a steroid of choice, like when preparing for competition, for cutting. The situation when you want to keep gains, improve looks, and do not want to risk getting side effects.
There are now many synthetic analogs of testosterone. All steroids differ a bit from each other due to the altered chemical structure. Anavar also called Oxandrolone; it was first produced in the mid-1960s. All steroids have anabolic (muscle building) and androgenic effects (producing masculine characteristics). Anavar is good in a way that it is quite a potent anabolic steroid, and yet it has a mild androgenic effect.
Mild androgenic effect of Anavar means that it would not produce marked virilization in women. It is the reason why this steroid is preferred by female athletes. However, the androgenic effect is something that is neither needed by male athletes, as it is what is responsible for a range of side effects. For men, it means that this steroid does not go aromatization in the body, does not produce gynecomastia, doesn’t retain much water, and neither elevates blood pressure. Thus it is quite a good steroid when bulking is not a target, and one is focusing on cutting and preparing for competition.
So how does it compare to testosterone? Comparing any steroid to testosterone makes sense, as testosterone is most commonly used in beginners, and is regarded as a safe and effective option for bulking. Other synthetic or designer steroids are used in advanced or later stages of preparation.
Anavar is among the best when it comes to androgenic and anabolic ratio. For testosterone androgenic to anabolic ratio is 1:1, whereas, for Anavar, it is 1:3 to 1:13.
Anavar would provide almost similar strength to testosterone, but would not provide the same kind of bulk. That is why it is better suited for cutting. It is regarded as safer in comparison to testosterone as it does not undergo aromatization (thus conversion to estrogen). Though it may have a less bulking effect, it is among the best steroids for keeping the gains.
Some of the top benefits of Anavar are:
- One of the best steroids for women, as it would not produce masculine characteristics like hoarsening of voice, growth of facial hair, clitoral enlargement, and so on.
- Excellent safety profile for men -amongst the safest. It is among the few steroids that would not produce gynecomastia. It does not cause hepatotoxicity.
- It enhances faster recovery after the exercise. Improves performance means that one can work out for longer, make progress faster.
- Anavar may not be the best choice for bulking, but it is among the best for increasing strength. It is a better choice for those looking to improve power and looks, without increasing weight.
- It is a steroid of choice for cutting. Phase when a person wants to burn fat, but at the same time continue to increase lean mass. Anavar can produce even better results when combined with other fat burning supplements.
In conclusion, Anavar is not the best choice for bulking, but it is undoubtedly the best steroid for everything else. It is excellent for cutting, maintaining gains, and has an excellent safety profile. It is suitable for both the genders.